- Your HTML Pages
on the Web
Viewing Your Pages
Now that you have successfully transferred your files to our
server, you should view them to make sure that all of the
links and graphics work. Use your browser, or obtain a
current version from our Resources archive, and type in your
URL, which will look something like this:
(if you have your own domain name)
If you now see your front page, congratulations! Your
pages are on the Net! If you don't see your page, you may
not have named it correctly. Check and make sure it is
While looking through your pages, here are some of the
things you may see that may not be right, and instructions
on how to fix them.
- Your links are not going to the right pages, or
are bringing up an error message.
This error will occur when the HREF="" portion of your
HTML link does not include the correct name, or the file
does not exist in your account.
Go back and view your HTML code or your SimpleNet
directory, and make sure of these things:
- The file exists in your directory, and it is in
the correct place. (i.e. not in a different
- The name of the file is the same as the link to
the file. Remember, files on our server are CASE
- The link itself has the correct pathname.
- Graphics are not loading.
If a graphic is not loading correctly, or at all, check
- The graphic file exists in your directory, and it
is in the correct place. (i.e. not in a different
- The name of the graphic file is correctly input
into the IMG SRC="" tag. Remember, files on our server
are CASE SENSITIVE.
- The graphic link has the correct pathname.
- The graphic is of the appropriate type. It needs
to be in one of two formats: GIF or JPEG. If it is not
in one of these formats, then the browser will attempt
to save or open it with another application.
If you have more complicated problems send us an
e-mail. We want to help you
figure it out!
Back to Support Pages
Web Hosting Support Tutorial Pages